Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Spell Check

Hey, it's free right? So who cares if Blogger doesn't offer spell check with the free version. Well, as the economic cliche goes, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

I had forgotten what I bad typist I am and I think that my spelling bee skills have rusted away. I find the most stressful thing in blogging, after blogger's block, is worrying over not catching misspelled words. Not that I trust any spell checker, but they tend to catch most of the obvious errors.

I had also forgotten how annoying proofreading was when you have to check for this level of minutiae. No wonder the kids like text messaging these days. The informal, dynamic and phonetic nature of the 'written dialect' really frees the writer from that stress.

Well, yada, yada, yada, gripe, gripe, gripe.